The students involved with the G.I.V.E. Club have been busy since the club's inception.
Cleaned up Hammonton Lake Park
Made Thanksgiving decorations for the residents in assisted living at The Fountains at Cedar Parke
Made nativity scene ornaments for the sisters in the infirmary at Villa Walsh
Went caroling for the residents in assisted living and independent living at The Fountains at Cedar Parke
Decorated placemats for the Meals on Wheels program
Made Valentine cards and decorations for the residents in independent living at The Fountains at Cedar Parke
Filled planters and played Bingo with the residents at The Fountains at Cedar Parke
They have also organized school-wide drives to collect coats that were donated to the Angels of God organization, a used DVD/Video Game/Board Game drive to donate to children in hospitals and homeless shelters, and a gently used linen drive to be donated to the Puppies and More Rescue organization.
Coordinators: Miss Lorusso
G.I.V.E. (Get Involved, and Value Everyone) is a service based group that will meet once a month after school to choose and discuss up coming service projects. Through G.I.V.E. students will have the opportunity to give back to local communities.
1. The club is open to students in grades K-8.
2. It allows students to apply the Christian values that have been instilled within them.
3. Through collaboration, students are able to strengthen existing relationships in addition to creating new ones.
4. While benefiting many local communities, it allows students to build upon our own school community.
5. Older students are given the opportunity to obtain their required service hours.
Start Date: October 2, 2018 from 2:15-3:15 in the 2nd Grade classroom. Parents must pick up children at 3:15 pm or make arrangements with aftercare.